Overview Of Business
Developing a business opportunity center is a great resource for your target market and a good way to bring in some additional income. On this site, people can post resumes and businesses can post available opportunities. You can earn money by selling advertising on your site and by allowing businesses to subscribe to your site, whereby they receive information pertinent to their needs, or you can allow businesses to feature their opportunity (e.g., franchise). In addition, you could provide resources for people looking for employment as well as entrepreneurial resources.
If you are focusing on business opportunities within a specific sector, such as the dental industry, then knowledge of the industry is necessary. If you are going to provide a general business opportunity site, a general knowledge of computers, the Internet, and Internet marketing is what you need.
Cost To Start This Business
To set up this informational resource, your costs will primarily consist of Web site design, development, promotion, research, and regular site maintenance. You will have computer hardware and software costs. You will likely have a database development cost, as all your opportunities likely will be stored in a searchable database. Expect costs to fall between $4,000 and $10,000.
Number Of Employees Needed To Start
One person can administer this business. Depending on the activity of the site, itâ€™s possible to do it part-time. You may wish to have an additional person to assist with site maintenance and visitor inquiries.
This business offers very little international potential. In fact, as a small operation you may wish to focus on your local area rather than compete directly with the countrywide opportunity sites.
Important Business Issues To Be Addressed
Make sure you have a plan laid out before you approach this topicâ€”know how revenue will be generated and who the potential clients are in your area. Be aware that maintaining up-to-date information requires organization. You might want to look at a fully automated style for this business.
Online Marketing Techniques
- Participate in newsgroups, mailing lists, and discussion forums related to entrepreneurship or business with a cleverly designed signature file.
- Develop links from as many business-related Web sites, meta-indexes, and directories as possible.
- Develop a comprehensive link strategy. Establish links to your site from the classified sections of regional online publications.
- Develop a sponsored listings campaign to bid on appropriate keyword phrases with the popular search engines.
- Participate in business- and entrepreneur-related e-zines. You can do this by writing articles to be published in the e-zine or by purchasing advertising in the online publications.
Additional income would surround the sales of any products and services you offer that complement the primary function of your business. Perhaps you could offer resume writing or business plan development services. You may even choose to sell products relating to your topic, such as books on resume writing or business development.