Today I am much thinking about marketing once again. As my some clients are witnessing a sharp fall in the traffic despite of ranking well in the search engines.
What may the reason that is yet to be investigated and researched. So, today I am thinking to write something on marketing.
How about the laws of marketing
Though this is not a full list of laws of marketing but I have tried to include the most flavored topics.
The Law of Leadership: â€œItâ€™s better to be first than it is to be better.â€
- Create a category you can be first in.
- Itâ€™s much easier to get into the mind first than to try to convince customers you have a better product than the one that did heft there first.
- First brands tend to retain their leadership as the names often become generic.
- Regardless of reality, people perceive first products into the mind as superior.
The Law of The Category: â€œIf you canâ€™t be first in a category, set up a new category you can be first in.â€
- Launch a new product that answers the question â€œfirst what?â€
- What category is this new product first in?
Law of Perception: â€œMarketing is not a battle of products, itâ€™s a battle of perceptions.â€
- All that exists in the world of marketing are perceptions in the minds of the customers.
- The perception is the reality. Everything else is an illusion.
- It is what people think about the brand that makes it a winner or a loser. They believe what they want to believe.
The Law of Hype: â€œThe situation is often the opposite of the way it appears in the press.â€
- When things are going well, it doesnâ€™t need the hype. When you need the hype, it usually means youâ€™re in trouble.
I hope most of these laws will be applicable to all. You might be thinking that I am writing short posts these days this is because I have receive a email from my user asking to make information cut short so that the reading could be fast and at the same time informative.
Therefore, this law also applies that follow what your users are demanding. As users are only the blog or website or internet builders.